Thursday, October 27, 2005

The day that was!!!


First time i saw so much rain in my city,ya my beloved city!!The day began early with me not realising the intensity of the rains outside and i jus looked out of my window and I smiled.Ya smiled because I had a reason to take off from work and do things I like doing.Enjoy mom's food,sleep cozily for hours and then have chat with people at home over a cup of tea.But as always things didnt turn out that way.My parents had to go to a wedding of the neighbour's son and they came pretty late by when yours truly had gone to sleep.When I got up I realised there has been a power cut for more than a couple of hours and by then I had caught up a bad cold and was just wondering why things had to turn out this way.Well am still waiting for my day.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tar said...

The wrath of the residents kindles the fury of the God.. and finally he sends the showers down... Frankly, looking at that snap brings a smile on my face... :)
Finally Chennai is receiving what it has been deprived of for ages... I remember the last when i saw such rains in Chennai was in 97, the Madley Bridge in T. Nagar was completely submerged. It was bad then , but its welcome now.

8:55 AM, October 28, 2005  
Blogger Tar said...

Hey, but i heard that today, just a day after the downpour its so sunny and bright and if one waks on the road, he begins to ponder when was the last time Chennai received rains?? Is that so?? Is the Rain water Harvesting and the water drainage system of Chennai such a success???

8:57 AM, October 28, 2005  
Blogger Prahlad(Peggy) Krishnamurthi said...

Chennai was awesome when it was raining. It was bloody cold in the mornings.
I just wish it didnt hurt so many ppl like it did.

7:55 PM, November 28, 2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home