Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Getting old

This weekend i got a call from one of my schooltime friends saying her marriage is fixed up for sometime in march.I got a little nostalgic thinking about those wonderful days at school.My typical day would be getting up at 7 in the morning cribbing about the hectic day am about to face and reaching school at nine.Classes used to happen and my teachers were all more or less nice people though i had some grudges against some then,but looking back now i guess they were really sweet people compared to some of the people i get to meet now.Then the evening would go off playing with my friends and max i might study for a couple of hours before i wind my long day with a well deserved sleep.Well i guess thats how i felt then.And when this call came i was rudely brought to reality.Its been some 6 years i passed out of school and cant believe how much life has changed.Typically my day starts pretty early,trying to achieve my dreams by slogging it out and then managing work and then getting back home and then again work on things...most often i jus sleep in my desk and half asleep get to bed and wake up without much time to gather myself up.In between all this i have to squeeze in time for my parents esp my mom who doesnt seem to understand i am as helpless as her for not spending time.my dad is a lot more understanding ( or i guess it was his dream to see me this busy that he is finally smiling).Coming back to the phone call ..she was one who was in the same group in my class cant imagine i was passionate about such frivolous things then..guess thats life.Guess she should be around 22-23 and i also heard a couple more had gotten married and am sure i am not updated about some people.I find it funny people are getting married because i still see myself as a kid who has jus finished college though i have to admit i have a couple of grey streaks now which werent there till i was in college.Guess am growing up but wish it was jus metaphorical and not literally.
I am still wondering if the girl whom i had a crush on when in school had gotten married!!well some things dont change!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Batty said...

I just get a feeling she too in another corner of the world is blogging with her eyes clogged with tears something like this ...its not too late man..go get her....We have loads of ilaya thalapathi movies..who runs around trees with engaged women...:)):)) - BaTtY

11:31 PM, October 25, 2005  
Blogger sat said...

well the world is too big for this kind of a story!!

11:39 PM, October 25, 2005  
Blogger Tar said...

U never know .. its a round world afterall... U might just get her... :-)

8:59 AM, October 28, 2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home